CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER – VIRTUAL
Thank you for visiting The French Group website
This Job Opportunity is no longer available.
Please contact us for other positions which may be available.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CMO is responsible for providing clinical guidance in all areas of product development, clinical outcomes protocol development, clinical customer interface, safety reviews, medical necessity determination, and product life cycle reviews. In all actions will demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Work collaboratively with the senior leadership to develop networks and enhance external physician relations
- Promote and follow proper compliance and quality system requirements.
- Performs medical health hazard assessment as part of the evaluation of potential product issues. Ultimately owns and is the final decision maker and signor for health hazard assessments.
- Provide medical and scientific guidance to internal customers.
- Provide medical and scientific information to external customers consistent with product designs and applicable regulations.
- Provides operational support to teams regarding clinical and non-clinical events including clinical protocol development and design and evaluation of post market studies.
- Envisions the application of new and existing technologies in novel ways to solve complex medical problems and provides medical input to new product development teams.
- Writes and edits clinical and scientific reports for regulatory submission and scientific communication.
- Develops and maintains relationships with thought leaders in the medical community.
- Performs clinical due diligence on potential acquisitions in support of the new business development team.
- Attends and participates in regional, national and international scientific, medical and regulatory meetings. Stays current with medical and scientific technologies.
- Reviews and is part of the team of approvers for product education, promotion, and reporting materials.
- Other duties as may reasonably be assigned (e.g. clinical network development, external physician relations, product review and standardization).
• Requires MD degree and applicable board certification(s).
• Prior experience in Medical Director Role with a health plan and/or health services company with health plan as primary customer.
• M.D. with at least ten years post-graduate clinical experience.
• Excellent communication skills and commitment to the provision of the highest quality clinical services.
• Demonstrated superior performance in a physician leadership role, ideally in a health system recognized for excellence in clinical care.
• Publication and public speaking experience
• An M.B.A, M.P.H. or equivalent degree.
• Implant and surgical experience preferred.
• Experience as chief medical officer or medical director within progressive, complex healthcare system.
• Actively involved in Healthcare technology system implementations in a complex business environment including physician engagement strategy and clinical process transformation.
• Good understanding of quality metric requirements and how the technology can be utilized to monitor and improve the metrics.
For additional information and/or confidential consideration, please contact Tricia French RN, BSN at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-362-0202.