MEDICAL DIRECTOR, NATIONAL ACCOUNTS – Southeast
The French Group has been exclusively engaged by one of our premier clients to assist them in identifying an exceptional sales medical director. This position reports to a Regional VP Medical Operations and works very closely with the Health Plan President.
The Medical Director, National Accounts will be responsible for providing oversight of medical management programs, strategies, and operations to positively impact health care quality, outcomes, and cost for customers that are based in the Southeast region. She/he plays a key role in the sales process to enhance the organization’s presence with local accounts and driving new sales growth.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Participates as expert resource around medical-related issues in the sales process.
- Ensures high quality and efficient medical services are provided to external stakeholders.
- Serves as expert medical resource to identify ways to increase performance to grow/retain business.
- Makes recommendations to medical leadership on appropriate medical actions as needed.
- Serves as physician resource for special needs and catastrophic situations.
- Leverages physician relationships/networks to arrive at best care solutions.
- Serves as the voice of health policy to the clients and consults with and advises them in shaping their decisions.
- Serves as a medical subject matter expert in one of several areas to provide counsel and advice on relevant strategies and initiatives.
- Represents the organization on external committees or with applicable vendors
- Serves as key liaison between Shared Services and regional medical management teams to ensure business is conducted in a responsive, compliant manner.
Requires MD or DO with unrestricted license and current ABMS board certification with at least 10 years progressively responsible relevant industry experience. Advanced management degree (MBA, MPH) preferred. Prior National Accounts and/or sales support experience preferred.
For additional information and/or confidential consideration, please contact Tricia French at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757)362-0202.