Healthcare Chief Operating Officer, Pennsylvania
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
The French Group, a national healthcare executive search firm, has been retained by a client in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania to identify their new Chief Operating Officer.
Our client, The Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund (PEBTF), established in 1988, administers health care benefits to approximately 77,000 eligible Commonwealth of Pennsylvania employees and their dependents and 63,000 retirees and their dependents, as well as additional employer groups. The PEBTF is governed by a Board of Trustees comprised of both Commonwealth and Union representatives.
The COO reports to the Executive Director and has overall, day-to-day responsibility for the management of operations to include: Customer Service/Benefit Services; Eligibility; Wellness and Disease Management Programs; Vendor/Health Plan Oversight Management; Pharmacy Program Management; Appeals and Correspondence; Collections/Subrogation and Mailroom. The COO manages relationships with providers and vendors and is responsible for leading the implementation of new initiatives designed to improve service to members and to manage medical costs.
The COO will partner with the Executive Director and other senior executives in developing and implementing the company’s strategic plan. This is a highly-visible role requiring collaboration with outside consultants, insurers, vendors, providers, Board of Trustees as well as legislators.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a healthcare related field; graduate degree preferred
• At least 6 years of extensive healthcare, health insurance and business experience in a medium to large organization with increasing roles of management responsibility.
• Demonstrated understanding of health financing, and health care delivery models and systems
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage medium to large health operations.
• Proven track record of innovation, organizational awareness and staff development and empowerment
• In-depth knowledge of health insurer operations
• Knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to healthcare services
• Knowledge of the business cycles in the healthcare industry
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong leadership skills including the ability to run group meetings and chair projects
• Excellent analysis skills and the ability to prepare detailed financial reports, statements and projections
• Strong knowledge of the healthcare delivery system and medical cost drivers
• Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills
• Ability to establish goals and monitor multiple projects
• Inspirational leadership style with demonstrated ability to build and lead high functioning, multi-discipline teams
• Exceptional presentation skills with demonstrated ability to manage providers, vendors and other key stakeholders
• Evidence of ongoing educational activities including attainment of important industry designations
• Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel
• A commitment to customer service and a collaborative approach to problem solving
• Experience with unions and their leadership in a union-friendly environment preferred
For additional information and/or confidential consideration, please contact email@example.com.
Tricia French, RN, BSN
The French Group
477 Viking Drive, Suite 330
Virginia Beach, VA 23452