HEALTH PLAN SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (Remote)
This is a national role and will have oversight of the CFOs in the statewide health plans. The SVP CFO is responsible for the management and direction of all financial affairs for Government Programs including business strategy, account management and operations effectiveness. This position is responsible for the prioritization and coordination of all financial analytics including analysis of financial results, forecasting/budgeting and performance measurement, as well as the application of such information to direct, influence and educate the management team on all business issues. Specific areas of focus include new product development and implementation, customer contracting, rate negotiations, product pricing, analysis of utilization and medical cost trends.
• Oversees the financial terms of all contracts and coordinates all related activities such as rate renewals and settlements of contingencies under each contract
• Analyzes and reports monthly financial results to leadership
• In partnership with leadership, develops and maintains long-term strategic plan for business including 5-year financial plan, specific strategic initiatives, related investment/capital deployment requirements and cost/benefit analyses.
• Manages the preparation of the fiscal operating budget as well as quarterly forecasts and monthly forward outlook.
• Prioritizes and coordinates all cost of care analytics, maintains appropriate data environment/framework to ensure relevance of information applied in management of business and partners with leadership to guide operations and strategies to optimize effectiveness of care management activities.
• Monitors all balance sheet accounts associated with contracts managed by the SBU including accounts receivable, funds withheld by customers, claims recoverables, etc.
• Medicaid and Medicare health plan premium development, including risk adjustment, as well as medical cost data and administrative cost structures.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines. Must be detail oriented and have excellent analytical skills.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Ability to influence the direction and growth of the business
• Proven ability to manage operations in a large matrixed healthcare system.
• Strong leadership acumen with both financial and operational experience
• 15+ years of progressive experience in financial operations within managed care, health care or insurance industries.
• 8+ years in a managerial position interfacing with senior management.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance; Master’s preferred
• CPA preferred
Tricia French RN, BSN
CEO, The French Group