HEALTH PLAN MEDICAL DIRECTOR, BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Thank you for visiting The French Group website
This Job Opportunity is no longer available.
Please contact us for other positions which may be available.
The French Group has been retained to fill a newly created Behavioral Health Medical Director role for one of our national health plan clients. This is an ideal role for a clinician seeking to transition to administrative medicine as prior health plan experience is not required.
The Medical Director will be responsible for the following:
- Daily utilization management activities for all lines of business including Medicare.
- Support provider relations activities
- Assist in the development and implementation of medical policy and interventions to improve the quality of care and outcomes.
- Participate in the attainment of quality management goals as established by all external agencies.
- Supervise, review and approve or deny requests for medical necessity decisions according to medical policy.
- Interpret medical policy criteria for Health Services associates to facilitate the application of policy in pre-certification, concurrent review and case management.
- Initiate dialogue with providers, as necessary, to resolve differences in opinions concerning utilization management.
- Review and make decisions on provider appeals.
- Make recommendations (based on daily activities of evaluating members’ care) about medical policy, clinical criteria and administrative process.
- Serve on various committees to evaluate recommendations for changes.
- Work with the medical community to assist in the development and maintenance of a strong, quality network of providers.
- Support provider relations and risk contracting through education, provider visits and problem resolution.
- Visit targeted providers for recruitment, as well as performing proactive provider visits as scheduled.
- Work with quality management and medical cost analysis staff to identify trends in treatment and outcomes by interpreting various data.
- Review provider and member complaints, assist in resolution, and make recommendations for changes.
- Utilize clinical expertise to assist in the development of care improvement programs to improve health outcomes for the member population.
- M.D with active, unrestricted FL medical license
- Current Board Certification in Psychiatry
- 5+ years of clinical experience and a strong working knowledge of managed healthcare required.
- Experience with government programs, particularly Medicare, preferred
- Demonstrated success implementing utilization tools/techniques and experience with physician behavior modification required
- Participation in hospital managed care or medical practice UM committees preferred
Tricia French, RN, BSN email@example.com 757-362-0202