CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER – LOUISIANA
One of the nation’s most prestigious health plans is seeking a talented Chief Operating Officer to assist in creating a dynamic team and building a first-rate operation.
The COO has overall responsibility for leading and managing all hands-on operational aspects and activities of Member Services, Community Outreach, Provider Relations, Grievance and Appeals, Business Continuity and Reporting. The COO will manage the collaborative relationship with shared services to include Claims and Information Technology.
• Collaborates with the Plan management team and others to develop and implement action plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
• Responsible for driving the Plan to achieve and surpass performance metrics, profitability, and business goals and objectives
• Develops policies and procedures for assigned areas. Ensuring that other impacted areas, as appropriate, review new and changed policies
• Assists the CEO in collaborative efforts related to the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes. May be required to spearhead the implementation of new programs, services, and preparation of bid and grant proposals
• Provides assistance in preparation and review of budgets and variance reports for assigned areas
• Collaborate with Sales/Marketing to develop innovative, clinically appropriate benefit design and services and Assists in defining marketing and advertising strategies within State guidelines
• Works cooperatively with Network Development team in the development of the provider network. Acts as client-care officer through direct contact with all stakeholders. Serves as a liaison with regulatory and other state administration agencies
• Communicates, motivates and leads a high performance management team. Attract, recruit, train, develop, coach, and retain staff. Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the Plan
• Assures compliance to and consistent application of law, rules and regulations, company policies and procedures for all assigned areas
This is a visible and strategic position requiring exceptional leadership skills and experience as a managed care executive. The COO is a critical business leader and contact for external providers, plan sponsors, and regulatory agencies; thus requiring superior interpersonal, negotiation, influencing and presentation skills.
• In-depth knowledge of health benefits industry, products, trends, competitive intelligence, and legislative climate with a minimum of 8 years managed care leadership experience in operations. Medicaid experience strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
For additional information and/or confidential consideration, please contact:
CONSULTANT: Tricia French, RN, BSN
President & CEO
The French Group